Progress in medical and pharmaceutical technology is a key driver to increase people’s life expectancy. Furthermore, research leading to advanced diagnostics, treatments and therapies assist to fight and cure illnesses. Drugs help to overcome diseases or in case of chronic or incurable cases, they support to continuously take part in social life.
In drugs, side effects from interfering substances and contaminations are undesirable. This is why it is important to use the purest possible substances and purified equipment and materials in the production of drugs. In the production of medicines, methods and rules for the manufacture, storage, quality and testing of drugs are standardized and defined in Pharmacopoeias.
Broad variety of analytical solutions
From Drug Discovery to Quality Control, Shimadzu’s wide range of solutions supports the pharmaceutical industry through chromatography (GC and HPLC), spectroscopy (UV-Vis, FTIR, AAS, ICP), mass spectrometry (LC-MS, GC-MS), sum parameter (TOC), and MALDI-TOF systems including MS imaging. Shimadzu combines a long history in the market with a comprehensive product portfolio and expertise in regulatory compliance, making the company the perfect partner for the pharmaceutical industry.
Shimadzu’s systems cover applications in
- life science research for pharmaceutical (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, glycomics)
- drug discovery (biomarker discovery, screening and drug synthesis)
- drug development (pre-clinical development, toxicology, pharmacology, formulation, process development)
- drug metabolism (ADME, DMPK)
- manufacturing and QA/QC (process for production, quality control and assurance)
- biopharmaceutical (protein characterization, impurity analysis for quality assurance)
- herbal medicine/natural product.
News & Hot Topics
FDA Issues Guidance for Industry on ANDAs: Impurities in Drug Products